The previous deadline of June 30 has been extended to July 7 because of the postal strike. We still encourage entries to be submitted via email to guarantee we receive them before the deadline.
E-mail your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Short Story Submission” in the subject line and the attached entry in .txt or .doc format. Please include the cover letter as a separate attachment or in the main message window.
Enter our annual short story contest! Win $1,000 and get published in Alberta Views.
• The contest is open to all residents of Alberta except employees of Alberta Views.
• An entry fee of $30 includes a year’s subscription to Alberta Views and is non-refundable.
• The winner will be published in our December 2011 issue and will receive a prize of $1,000.
• Stories should be no longer than 3000 words! Entries exceeding 3000 words will be disqualified.
• Entries may not be previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere until the winning story is announced.
• The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2011.
• Anonymity will be carefully preserved throughout the judging process. Author’s name must not appear on the story itself. Include a separate cover letter with story title, author’s name, address, phone number and/or e-mail and word count.
• There are no other limits! The contest is open to stories of any style and on any subject.
E-mail your submission to: email@example.com
with “Short Story Submission” in the subject line and the attached entry in .txt or .doc format.
Please include the cover letter as a separate attachment or in the main message window.
Or mail your submission to:
Suite 208 – 320 23 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2S 0J2
Please do not send originals.
Can I pay the fee online?
Go to the subscription page and enter Short Story Entry in the promo box provided. You can also pay by phone, 1 877 212 5334
What if I already subscribe to Alberta Views?
If you subscribe to Alberta Views the entry fee will extend your subscription for another year.
Do I get feedback about my story?
Story evaluations will not be offered.
Does the story have to be about Alberta?
You must be a resident of Alberta; the story itself does not have to be about Alberta.
Call or e-mail if you have any questions, we are happy to help.